Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Your Beauty is My Muse


So we're driving through Griffith Park, going up into the hills, blasting Sucre's new album, and realizing that I belong here. I've never been this happy. All of the hard work, sacrifice, arguments and positive thinking finally got us here. We drove up to the Griffith Park Observatory, where parts of Rebel Without a Cause was filmed. Now I want to watch it again and relive that magical first time I saw that film and it changed my life. The first time I really saw Natalie Wood and just fell awesomely in love with her. After that film, I decided she was my favorite actress and saw "Love With the Proper Stranger", which is now one of my favorite films of all time.
And James Dean. My God. James Dean. To find out years later that we share a birthday (February 8th). What an amazing actor he was. He was so compelling in that film.

I'm writing a film right now that I think is going to change my life. I have so much hope and faith in the idea and I think I'm doing my best writing to date. I'm obsessed with it. I spent hours listening to Sucre in the bedroom the other day with Bry, and I was sitting up in bed with my laptop open and just writing and writing, and checking notes that I had written a few months back when I first began writing this script. And I can see it. It looks like a completed film in my mind. I feel like this could be the script that finally garners attention for me. It's going to be the story that gets me my house on a hill in Silverlake or Los Feliz. It's going to be the story that changes my life. And I'm halfway done with the first draft. I'm not going to talk about what it's called, what it's about, blah blah blah yet. I'll get there, at some point. Right now, I'm just concentrating on the journey.

These experiences that I'm having gives me these beautiful ideas. Looking from the Griffith Observatory and realizing we were so high up that we could see the Hollywood sign and pretty much all of Los Angeles, just inspired me. L.A., your beauty is my fucking muse.

When we went to Santa Monica pier last week, and we were driving along the freeway and realized that there was this thick fog covering the area and the temperature began to drop drastically and we were cold, but yet I still got out of that car and walked across the sand and put my feet in the ocean. That was the first time I'd ever been to the ocean. And yes, it was cold, and yes, I had a two year old on my hip who thought she would have to get wet too...(I told Mia "I'm not putting you in the water...I'm your mommy, don't you trust me??" and my gorgeous girl said "No"! LOL) I just let the water wash over my feet a couple of times, and that was good enough to get me just a little emotionally. I'd finally made it here. I finally made it to L.A.

These experiences are leading up to something. And there's still a lot left to explore. There's still Venice Beach! There's still Zuma Beach! There's Malibu! Pacific Coast Highway! A bunch of things left to explore in L.A. Can't wait!!!

Mia, at the observatory today. Love my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers