Saturday, April 12, 2014

Doubt Me, I'll Work Harder

Me performing on stage at the Silverlake Lounge this week.


It's been a weird week.

I don't want to speak about it publicly, but something happened last week, with a friend, that's had me upset all week. But whatever, life goes on. Thankfully, my Auntie Carol flew in from Chicago last week and kept my mind occupied. I also got the offer to be in a show mid-week and that kept me busy too. Then on Thursday night, I went to the Comedy Palace show in Los Feliz to see my friend Josh Fadem perform. Good times, good times.

Me and the hilarious Josh Fadem.

I also got to see Rob Delaney perform! Josh introduced us!



But then my aunt left yesterday to go back to Chicago, and my 7 year old daughter Ani cried in the car as we were dropping her off at LAX. That made me sad. I really dislike how far we are from family. We hadn't seen her in a long time and Ani and her really bonded while she was here. Then on top of that, I was worried about my mother all week. She had to go to the ER and they kept her overnight, so I was getting updates from my aunt, and not wanting to let the girls know. No need in telling little kids that their grandmother was in the hospital. My mom is fine and they released her after tests were done. It's strange because I'm kind of estranged from my mother but I've talked to her through texts. But I let Bry, my husband know that if something went down, I'd be on the first plane back to Chicago.

I don't know. It's weird. A few things are bothering me right now, but nothing I can't handle. Things could be worse. I'm spending my time working on stand-up material. I have a show at Flappers Comedy Club in Burbank on April 24th so I'm going to hit some open mics before then to work on some new material. It's a show in the Main Room, which I've never performed in before, only the YooHoo Room.

All of that, along with the 2 doctors appointments for the kids last week (one because of Laila's nosebleeds and allergies), and then registering the twins for Kindergarten and a dental appointment for all three kids coming up this week.



And I just want to add, though I said I wouldn't speak on it publicly...a so-called friend said I wasn't dedicated to my career and it wasn't fair I was getting all the breaks. I'm not getting breaks, I'm still a nobody! I get booked for shows because I do my research, find out who's booking these, then ask questions. I show up, be funny and then leave in time to get home to my kids. To even think that I'm not taking my career seriously is stupidity on your behalf. I moved my entire family across the country, away from the safety and comfort of my entire family! I made Bry find a new job out here! He could've said hell no! I risked a lot to move out here to do this! Don't ever doubt me, it only makes me work harder.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers