Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Documentaries and managers and writing stuff

I haven't posted in a while. I'm not exactly sure why, though I'm constantly writing.

A lot has been going on. I'm just reluctant to share sometimes. I think because it's family reading this also and I don't want people worried about me. It's also because sometimes I feel like I don't want to share things that are too personal. I'm not sure if I'm afraid of judgement or what. Either way, I'm doing fine.

I started filming a documentary and I have a lot of footage I've been editing. It's basically just about my life. I've filmed a lot of dramatic things, including an argument. I'm not sure I should include it in the documentary, seeing as how I plan to send it to film festivals, but art is art, right? I really have to think on this one.

Also, my manager decided to not represent me anymore. I tried to get him to make calls on my behalf and get literary agents interested in me. He knows that I have 3 completed full-length screenplays and a pilot that I've had tv writers critique for me. All he tried to do was send me on acting auditions. I told him I wasn't trying to act right now, it's not my passion. But yet, all he did was send me emails about acting auditions. It's okay, because I was doing things on my own behalf anyway. It wasn't heart-breaking to me when he sent me an e-mail, not a phone call, but a really impersonal e-mail stating he no longer wanted to represent me because "he's had trouble getting me work". I need an agent, period. I don't need anyone to manage me, truthfully. Not everyone has a manager, especially at this point in their careers. My cousin told me I should've gotten rid of him anyway. Good luck to him, no hard feelings.

Other than that, there was a small kitchen fire here, just on the stove. But that's a story for another day. Laters.

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers