Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Things I'm Obsessed With Right Now...May '14



May has just begun, so I know you're like "How can these be the things you're obsessed with for the month of May when it's only the 7th day of the month? I was just putting the date on here. It's May. Got it?

These are obviously things (or people) I'm obsessed with in this moment. I reserve the right to change my mind and not be obsessed with these things later in May if I so choose. Got it? So let's get started...

Vine

Okay, I was obsessed with Vine back when it first began. Then I stopped being so obsessed with Vine. I got to a point where I was only going on the app to see what new thing Chris D'elia or Will Sasso posted. And then Will was only doing those Corey Vines and Arnold Schwarzenegger driving. And then he stopped using the app altogether! So now, I mostly go to Vine to post my own cute or funny videos (mostly cute cause they're mostly of my own kids, haha!) or to check out what the cute kids of the band Eisley are doing. You know the story...5 members of Eisley, 3 sisters, a brother and a cousin. The sisters and the brother all had babies with the respective spouses around the same time. And their kids are cuuuuuutttteee! Yes, looking at their kids make me want to have another baby, but then I change my mind the moment I remember diapers, bottles, poop, etc! So it's okay to look adoringly at other people's babies!


Disney Stuff



I may have always been obsessed with Disney stuff. Who isn't? Well, I'm sure their may be some people who aren't. Recently we went to Disneyland and I almost bought myself Minnie Mouse ears. Which, I guess, doesn't sound too weird if you know me and know who I am. I own cat ear headbands that I wear around like Josie and the Pussycats! I ended up only buying Minnie ears for my daughters. I regret that. Now I have to find some for myself, or just go back to Disneyland, which I don't mind doing! And then I found myself on the Disney Store website adding things to my Amazon wish list, including coffee mugs. I have a pretty good collection of coffee mugs, as I'm an avid coffee and tea drinker. I have Minnie Mouse, Nightmare Before Christmas and Alice and Wonderland mugs. I'd really like Tinkerbell and Cinderella ones.


Shakira's New Album


I've been in love with Shakira since I was a teenager. No, not like that. I don't dream of her naughty bits, I just adore her as an artist and person! You guys with your nasty minds! Geez! When I was younger, I was crazy about Selena. Even after her death, I played her music, sang along and dance. She's probably the reason I was thin for so long! Then one day, while watching Telehit on Telemundo, I saw this video called "Inevitable" by some gorgeous, long haired beauty named Shakira. I was obsessed! Selena, Shakira, Fey, Juanes, Elvis Crespo, Noelia, JD Natasha, all of these Latin pop stars are the reasons I really learned Spanish. Not my Spanish teachers, Latin pop stars! So, thank you to them! Oh, and Ricky Martin and Enrique Iglesias, mostly their Spanish-language music.

Selena


Now Shakira's new album sounds a lot like old Shakira. It's kind of a mixture of "Pies Descalzos" and "Donde Estan Los Ladrones", just in English. I really love "Dare" and "You Don't Care About Me". My kids even know the lyrics!


Duolingo


Duolingo is an app I have on my iphone that's helping me brush up on my Spanish (so I can finally say I'm fluent) and learn French at the same time. I've been mixing the two up! Also, my French accent isn't great! It asks you to repeat a phrase in French and it uses the microphone to record you. Yeah, it tells me it's not right...often. My cousin Kecia has offered to help me. My aunt asked me why am I learning French. Okay, first of all, I had an IQ test as a kid and supposedly I'm some smartypants or something. I'm not sure I trust IQ tests, but I'd like to see what my brain is capable of. See there? If I'm so smart, why did I just end a sentence with a preposition? Also, I think it'd be cool to be able to say I speak 3 languages. Oh, also my favorite poet Arthur Rimbaud is French. I'd love to read his poetry in its truest form to interpret it myself. I have this dream of one day going to Paris and just being able to fit in, speaking the language.


8b7628c1e79b9c1ecd9646467886694231c4a870fd883e3626


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers