Monday, January 20, 2014

Stand-up Comedy Stuffs

I haven't been updating this blog as much as I used to and I'm not sure why. I get writers block from time to time, but I'm never fully blocked. I write jokes a lot, and I still write for HelloGiggles and now I also write for PopWrapped, which gets my name out there even more.




I'm playing a show tomorrow night in North Hollywood at the Haha Cafe Comedy Club at 8:30 (in case you're reading this and you live in L.A.), and then on Feb. 2nd, I'm producing and hosting my own show at Flappers, with headliner Josh Fadem, and featuring Shannon Bobo, Mischa McCortney, Steve Dez, Martin Rizo and Rye Silverman. All awesome comics, all my friends who I've met while doing stand-up in L.A.




He was on 30 Rock, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and a slew of other things. He's a great friend of mine and probably my comedy hero right now. Don't worry, I'm still obsessed with Chris D'Elia.



The last time I ran into Chris D'Elia, I'd just done a show at the Comedy Store, and he was out front. I walked up to him and he remembered me. I told him I'd just done a set up in the Belly Room and he asked me how'd it gone. I was all "wow, I'm having a real conversation with Chris D'Elia". I was probably totally awkward and weird. Hopefully, he didn't notice. No matter how many times I run into him or talk to him, I'll still be thinking "Oh My God, I'm talking to Chris D'Elia".



And my 4 year old Laila, when she sees him goes "That's Chris D'Laila".

Yep, I'm still obsessed with Chris D'Laila.

And Bastille. Forever. Who are the musical guest on this week's SNL. That makes MY LIFE.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers