Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Update on my Web Series

I  have been so busy, party people! Not just with the kids and the husband and the moving, but doing pre-production for this web series I created. Now, if you're reading this and you're one of my Twitter followers, you're like "yeah, you've mentioned this, I know! Geez, Angelina!" BUT, if you're not and have no friggin' clue what I'm talking about, here we go...

I created a web series, meaning it's like a tv show, but exclusively for the internet, specifically, Youtube. It's a variety show/talk show/sketch comedy show. It's in the vain of say, Conan. Basically, I talk, do some form of a monologue, have guests, have a sketch, interviews, etc., but instead of being like an hour, it's more like 15 minutes. I start it with the introduction/monologue at the top of the show, segue into a sketch, then some sort of interview with a friend. Not celebrities, but I'm going to just talk to friends or other actors. That's it. And it's supposed to be funny!

So then I took it to the Screen Actors Guild, or SAG if you will, and got all my paperwork in order to get a SAG signatory contract, meaning I can use a SAG actor, someone who already has done work on screen and has joined the guild. With that, then myself and other actors I hire to be on my web series, will become SAG eligible, meaning they can join the guild too. Isn't that amazing? It's called a New Media Contract. Right now, I'm in the process of writing the third episode (already wrote the first two, and there will be four here in Chicago for now).

I'm also talking to actors through e-mail and over the phone. I'm trying to set up a meeting at a Starbucks or something downtown and get started on auditions/rehearsals and the like. I even started on my deferred payment contracts.

Yeah, so, that's why I've been busy! The name of the web series is "Angelina's Scene" (sound familiar) and I'm  doing it in HD party people! Hopefully, this will lead to AMAZING things in the future! I get my SAG card, I'll be considered a SAG producer and actor...maybe I'll get more work and continue to do my own shows. I'm even going to upgrade my equipment next year.

In the meantime, I'm e-mailing and calling apartments in L.A. and trying to figure out when I'm flying out there to check some of them out. I love being busy.

Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers