Sunday, November 4, 2012

My "Hunger Games" sketch



So, for those of you who have seen "The Hunger Games" or read the books, you know that scene where Katniss has found Peeta and they're in the cave all hugged up together? Yeah, I wrote a ridiculous sketch about it:


KATNISS

Peeta, are u dead yet? Hey, I have a gluten sensitivity. Like, all the bread you've ever given us, has given me diarrhea.

PEETA

Are u questioning the cleanliness of my bakery?

KATNISS
No, u don't hear me...I'm allergic to wheat flour. Bread is made with wheat flour...I get diarrhea every time I eat it. I just thought you should know, in case, you know, you die, I wanted to get that off my chest.

PEETA
So in case we die, you had to let me know that?

KATNISS
In case you die...I'm not gonna die. I'm the girl who's on fire.

PEETA
Why did you keep eating the bread if it makes you sick??

KATNISS
I mean, this is the hunger games! Beggers can't be choosers, you know?

PEETA
Great. I made you sick. That's just great.

(Silence)

KATNISS
Hey, Peeta...u dead yet?

PEETA
No...(visibly upset)

KATNISS
You remember a few years back, and I was in the rain, starving to death, and you came outside and threw me that burnt bread that u were supposed to give the pigs?

PEETA
Yes, yes, I remember Katniss.

KATNISS
I was up all night with diarrhea. I even threw up.

PEETA
Look, I'm sorry! Can we just not talk anymore??

KATNISS
Sure, I'm sorry. I'll leave you alone.
(Long silence)
Hey, Peeta...u still alive?
(He sighs)
I just have one question...then I'll leave you alone, okay??

PEETA
Okay, what?

KATNISS
Why do u still smell like bread??

PEETA
What?!

KATNISS
I mean, you haven't baked bread in like, what, 2 weeks?

PEETA
Wow.

KATNISS
I mean, Peeta...we left District 12 weeks ago...they bathed and groomed you in the capitol...you've been in the forest, lost, for over a week. You should smell like death, especially with your wounds, laying here, dying! You still smell like fresh baked bread!

PEETA
Katniss, I'm dying...

KATNISS
But you smell like croissants...
(Sniffing him)
Peeta...are u dead?
(He plays dead)
(She gets up and begins to walk away)
Even in death, he smells like fresh baked bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers