Friday, November 30, 2012

But It's Cool Tho...



I had a little bit of family drama today, but I'm cool. This is the same person who does this quite often, so I'm used to it. No point in even getting all upset like I used to. I'm a grown woman now and his words can't affect me the way they used to. Moving on.

I try to keep drama out of my life. I got rid of a negative person from my life recently because I realized that all she was looking for was drama and negativity. Besides, when you start to realize you can't stand being around someone or when your phone rings you think "I hope it's not her", it's probably time to just let that friendship go. I didn't miss the ghetto stories, the "that dude ain't shit" stories or the "nigga please" stories or the "I know what I did was stupid, but I love him..". I keep that stuff out of my life entirely. That's why I don't watch Tyler Perry movies. That crap just annoys me now.

Besides, you start to realize that some people are just talk. Plain and simple. I feel happier, freer without certain elements in my life. Just because someone is blood related to you, doesn't mean you have to take their abuse. Just because you've known someone most of your life doesn't mean you have anything in common or even on the same page.

And I'm sick of biting my tongue and worrying what people think of me or are saying behind my back. I grew up wondering who was talking about me behind my back. That's all bullshit now. I realized if I don't want to deal with certain people, I don't have to, and I'm not going to feel guilty for not calling someone or hanging out with someone. If you don't like a person, then just leave them alone!

I live a pretty drama-free life here in L.A. Yeah, sometimes it gets a little dull, but thank God I have so much stuff coming up to keep me busy, things won't be dull anymore. Bry and I have been exploring L.A. on our own, without the kiddies. Thank God for my family visiting so much! My mom referred to me and the girls as her "4 Princesses". That made me smile. My family actually misses me. That's pretty awesome. I miss them, and I miss Chicago, but I don't miss the cold. Or the snow. Oh God, the snow. Thank God I don't have to deal with that this winter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers