Friday, March 2, 2012

Things are getting really real

Sitting here on my couch, surrounded by boxes, watching "Entourage" and charging my video camera right next to me...things are getting real. Things are getting really real. Seriously, I've wanted to move to L.A. since I was a little girl, maybe early teens, and now it's really happening. And yes, I've been stressed and worried about all the things that could possibly go wrong, but I think I'm going to be okay. I will be okay once that plane touches down at LAX, and we're there, safe and sound, in the California sun! How long before Anneka starts harassing us to go to the beach, I wonder...or the playground! I might take them to the playground that day because they haven't been able to go in so long! And there is a playground down the street from our new place!

My mother is having a going-away party for us on Sunday. My cousin took the day off work to drive us to Midway. I really will miss my family. It's going to suck because everyone was just a short car drive away...now they're a  $100-$200 plane ride away. I'll get used to it, and I'm sure people will fly out, and we will fly back perhaps for a major holiday or two.

Also, I started writing a screenplay this week, that I'm currently totally obsessing over. I've been writing notes, wrote an outline, and telling Bry every idea I have for the movie. He's been giving me feedback like crazy. It's a fantasy film about dreams and past lives, but it's also a comedy and romance. I want to star in it with Adrian Grenier and I want Edgar Wright (Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Shaun of the Dead) to direct. I've been tweeting at him, but no response. Once I'm done with the script, I'm going to start stalking at him. Okay, that's all I'm going to say on this. I feel weird showing my hand!

Meanwhile, I'm supposed to be up and packing and cleaning and feeding the girls breakfast. Going to go wash some strawberries!

Later gators.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your new adventure. I am glad to see people still chase dreams, glad I'm not the one.

    ReplyDelete

Followers