Friday, July 29, 2011

Getting Rid of the Clutter

Trying to get the money, trying to find cheap plane tickets...trying to get to L.A. sooner than later. I've been going through a lot of stuff and trying to decide if I absolutely NEED everything. The truth is...I don't! I've always  commended myself on not being materialistic. More recently, I've cared a little more about labels, such as Betsey Johnson handbags, wishing for Louboutin heels, things like that, but I don't NEED that stuff.

So I'm going through old containers of crap, literally, some of it is crap! I found old spiral notebooks that had grocery lists written in it! Then I got to some of my old poetry, old song lyrics, old journals...and you know what? I just tossed it all. I went through everything and made sure there wasn't something of value within that stuff. I mean, honestly, all of the "good" song lyrics and poetry have been typed into a computer for ages. I really didn't need to hold on to that rhyming poem I wrote about that guy I liked in high school, did I? I'm all for memories, but at one point do memories start to take over your life?

I've been accused of living in the past. Maybe I do, to some extent? When I'm low, when I feel mistreated, when I feel down, I go back to that place I was in when I was 17 and I felt I wasn't going to amount to anything and I was never going to be loved. Maybe it's time to move on from those memories! Get rid of the old lyrics, poetry, journals, etc., that remind me of a time completely different from now. Now, I'm very loved. At 17, I never thought I was going to be a mom, now I have three kids! It's amazing how much you change in a little over 10 years. I feel like a totally different person, most days.

I certainly did not expect to be the type of person who adored kids and got on the floor and played with them.

Other than that, I have a busy weekend. I'm putting the packing on hold because we have family fun planned for the weekend! Though I am still exhausted from the power outage and thunderstorms from the last two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers