Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Healthy Food Stuffs




I went to the doctor recently (actually switched doctors because my doctor was such a douche), and was totally shocked to hear that, (gasp) I'm overweight!

Okay, I'm being sarcastic, obviously, but I started thinking about my girls and being around for my grandchildren someday and blah blah blah, I'm taking this weight loss thing more seriously. I can't afford to be unhealthy, like not eating enough because I have three little girls who depend on me for getting them to and from school and everything else. I have to eat healthier, that's one thing. I don't eat a lot of junk food, but when I do, I always think "I could've had something much healthier". I've been keeping a lot of fresh organic fruit in the house and now that I have a Nutribullet juicer, I put spinach and kale in everything. I've also learned that sauteed Kale with spinach is magical. Delicious!

Also, cucumbers with everything. Cucumbers have so many health benefits including, hello!, keeping your skin looking healthy! I have better skin now than I had in my 20s! I chop up cucumbers and put them in my Nutribullet, my water, my salads, or just to eat as a snack.

One thing I can't do is put broccoli in my juice. Yuck! Seriously. I love broccoli,  you guys, but I'd much rather eat it! Keep in mind, the fruit that I usually put in masks the flavor of the spinach and kale but it seems nothing masks the flavor of broccoli in juice! And I use a variety of fruits: strawberries, mango, pineapple, apple, orange and blueberries. Even with all of the fruit, and sometimes half of a banana, I still taste the broccoli! No offense, broccoli. I still love you!

As for working out, I've been using this app called Argus on my iPhone 6. It counts your steps, lets you keep a food diary by taking pictures of your food and you can time your workouts. It even directly syncs with the new Health Kit for iPhone and you can download other apps for it to sync with, including the ones that can take your heart rate or if you choose to get an Apple Watch, which I'm not because I still can't see the point of it. I've also been doing 30 minutes of yoga everyday. My back thanks me.

I'll keep you all updated on my progress. I understand it's easier to motivate yourself if you blog about it. I lost 3 lbs last week, which I know isn't a huge deal, but it's a start, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers