Sunday, March 30, 2014

Not Another Post About Earthquakes!



Okay, so this isn't going to be another post about earthquakes. Yeah, we had a pretty big one the other day and we're still having aftershocks, but this blog will not be about earthquakes! Ahhh! I'm so sick of talking about earthquakes!

Me, cuddled up in my My Little Pony Rainbow Dash robe after the earthquake, 
scared shitless.


It's a problem now because I'm not sleeping. I'll start to fall asleep, and then I open my eyes again, because i think I felt the bed vibrate. The aftershocks are little ones, of course, but the pessimistic side of me can't help to think that a really big one is going to hit and we'll be hurt, lose everything, or worst.

Ani felt the earthquake the other night. She was in bed, had just gone in there, and all of a sudden the floor started to shake. Of course, Bry and I run in there and tell her to get down from the top of the bunkbed. She had trouble going to sleep. We let her stay up a little after that. She calmed down, though she never cried or anything like that. She just kept saying she was scared. I was scared, but I had to reassure my 7 year old!

I may have also had a little panic attack. Or two. Or whatever. I woke up in the middle of the night crying and shaking. My teeth were chattering hard. I was shaking. I don't know if I had a nightmare or an aftershock shook me awake. Either way, Bry had to calm me down. I could just remember all of the footage I saw a few years back when I was watching some special on the Weather Channel about the Northridge quake of 1994. But I can't talk about that right now.

I'm getting my mind off of things. I was up until 3 a.m. last night/this morning. I was texting with Lidia and looking up Steampunk clothing. I then fell asleep, woke up, fell asleep, woke up, and then started thinking I was losing my mind from the lack of sleep all week. I haven't slept well since that 4.3 or whatever from last week.

So then I slept until 11 am this morning. Thank God it was Bry's day off. Then we went to this awesome Steampunk shop called Clockwork Couture in Burbank, CA. There's a real Tardis outside of the store! Not real Tardis, obviously, it doesn't travel across time and space, duh! But you can pose for pictures outside of the police box. That's pretty cool. They also have a large selection of Doctor Who things, which Bry loves. I bought a nice blouse and some really cool Steampunk goggles. Love them!



Okay, so this post wasn't entirely about earthquakes!

See the kid hand? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers