Friday, June 22, 2012

Scene from the "Dead Oliver" script


OLIVER
Thanks, by the way.
ANNABELLE
You already said that.
OLIVER
I hope people don’t think you’re my kidnapper.
ANNABELLE
People don’t know who I am.
OLIVER
That’s why I asked you to rent the car.
ANNABELLE
Is there a plan, here, Oliver? Is there? Because sooner or later...
OLIVER
I know.
ANNABELLE
We’re not that far from L.A. Someone could recognize you.
OLIVER
Yeah. I’m not running away.
ANNABELLE
You already did.
OLIVER
I’m not gonna stay gone for long. Look, can we just hang out, just talk?

He gets up from the floor and walks over to the bed, sitting near where she’s standing.

ANNABELLE
Okay. But there has to be a plan. You can’t hide forever.
OLIVER
Okay. But I’m glad you’re hiding with me.
ANNABELLE
I’m not hiding. I have nothing to hide from.
OLIVER
Then why did you agree to rent the car, drive me up the coast?
ANNABELLE
An opportunity to run away with a rock star sounded like fun!
OLIVER
You didn’t even know who I was!
He chuckles.
ANNABELLE
You told me you were a rock star...
OLIVER
You believed me?!
ANNABELLE
I believed your entourage. And your fans.
OLIVER
What were you doing at that hotel anyway?

ANNABELLE
I was staying there. I’m in town for a few days.
OLIVER
You’re not from L.A.?
ANNABELLE
I live in Chicago. I’m from there. This was my first time in L.A.
OLIVER
Wow. What a story to go home with.
ANNABELLE
Oliver...my plane leaves for Chicago in 3 days.
OLIVER
Okay.
ANNABELLE
How long are we hiding here?

She comes and sits on the bed with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers