Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Work For It


I went to a great acting lecture last night in Hollywood. I worked with this acting coach named Jack Plotnick, who is a very good actor himself. I get these e-mails about when he has these lectures and workshops and it was my first time going to one. I had Bry drop me off because I figured there was no point in rushing down there and still had to find parking. Either way, I got there a little late but I stayed for both lectures. He talked about how to prepare for auditions and letting go of anxiety, very helpful stuff.

I went ahead and signed up for L.A. Casting again. I need work! My kids are in school and I'm sitting at home bored all day! I'm also looking for a part time job in the meantime because I want to try to rent a house. We need more room. We're a family of 5. I want a yard for my girls to play in. I want a dog! I want a porch and a nice little table on the porch or patio to have my coffee on after I drop the girls off at school. I love where I live, don't get me wrong. We have a really nice apartment, 2 bathrooms, a dishwasher, nice stuff that I didn't have in Chicago Ridge. This is also a nice neighborhood and the girls go to a really good school, but I want more. I'm sorry, I'm 34, I'm at this age where I want to drive a better car, live in a better place, be able to go buy things when I want them. Maybe that sounds shallow, I don't know. We're doing okay, though. Our bills are paid and we always have food. But I want just a little bit more. And I'm willing to work for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers