Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mama Wants to Look Rockin'!

So I had this super-uber important phone conversation with a manager who owns her own management company in West Hollywood. I was talking to her about representing me and the girls. It was one of those conversations where I was sure if my phone company dropped the call, I would've called them and screamed for 3 1/2 hours. It's true. I would have. My phone reception acts so shittily in my apartment lately! But the call never dropped, and we talked for about an hour! She gave me so much insight into the business out there, and we talked about how it seems black girls with natural hair get more commercial work out there. I guess it's really "in" to be black nowadays. But if you really think about it, I think there is way more variety in what men fantasize about when it comes to female entertainers and models. Most of the Victoria's Secret models seem to be Brazillian. And a lot of men name Halle Berry, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian as objects of fantasy. I also like that curvy women get a lot of attention, not just stick thin girls. And nothing against my stick thin girls, cause I love them too, it's just great to have variety.

With that being said, I think I'm going to rock my natural hair for a while. I don't think I've fully gone on to discover all the possibilities. There are so many things I can do with my curly curls! And I'm not joining the league of black girls who say in order to be true to yourself, you can't straighten your hair, because I could change my mood in two weeks and decide to flat iron the shit outta my curly locks (which I love doing...who doesn't love a hot ass flat iron?). I just think that just as there should be more variety in the business (More black and Latino shows on tv please? And ones with substance! Thankx), I like variety in my hair.

Didn't I post something about this already? About hair, looking at my hair like I do jewelry and how wishy-washy I am about this? I'm like The Simpsons, recycling my own ideas!

Nevertheless, I think I'm going to keep my curly hair for the web series! Yay! We're starting work on it already, no longer in pre-production, but in PRODUCTION! Whoaaaa....I even went to different make-up stores with my cousin scouting new things I'd like to try, as I am filming in HD! Even if it is just for YouTube, mama wants to look rockin'!

But that manager, getting back to my first idea, she thought my girls were adorable, especially after watching them on Youtube, and she was giving me advice about what to do once I get there, about staying SAG eligible for a while so I can do some non-union work and put more on my resume, before actually paying to join the union, then I'd be held to only doing union work (which is fine too, but later). So, I'll keep everyone posted! Just a couple of months to Hollywood! Yayers! (lame)

Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers