Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Stand-up Updates

I have not been keeping up with this blog enough! I think I should make myself write a post on here once a week! Done! From now on, I'll update this thing once a week. Perhaps I should pick a particular day of the week when I have to put something! I never updated this thing to promote my last show or to talk about how great it felt to finally do stand-up! Let me start with that!

Okay, I wasn't that nervous, which I thought was weird. I was nervous, but not shaking and throw-uppy, like I expected. I knew I was going up 5th, so while the 3rd comic was on stage, I went to the washroom and just shook it off. I reminded myself that this was my biggest dream, being a stand-up comedienne, and that I was prepared. The emcee introduced me, and I ran up there! I had energy, I remembered all my jokes and even ad-libbed a bit! Everyone laughed, I was happy, blah blah blah, I'm playing there again May 12th! Oh, and I'm getting video of my set this week! Score!



I'm also doing open mics around Los Angeles and trying to book some more gigs. I have a pretty big audition coming up this Friday. I don't want to talk about it, I shouldn't have brought it up. But I'm preparing a new joke that just came about yesterday based on the true story of my damn building manager complaining about my little 3 year olds jumping. Okay, when I moved into this apartment, onto the second floor, they were 2 and way more noisy! Now, let me correct myself, this is the building manager's supervisor, who does not live in the building. Is it my fault that your floors and walls are cheap and thin and can hear every sound?! Should I staple my kids clothes to a chair and tell them to sit still all day? And they go to bed at 7:30...there's no late night loudness! In other words, shut up lady! I got way more to say there, but I'll save it for the stage!

Also, I got to go see Chris D'Elia for the 4th time last night. I also got to see Whitney Cummings, who had retweeted me earlier in the day. That was awesome! Got me new followers on Twitter! Also, Jeff Ross showed up, so did Dane Cook, and friggin' Finesse Mitchell, who used to be on SNL! That was awesome! And my friend Brent Morin hosted! He's this sweet adorable guy who just did a pilot with his good friend Chris D'Elia! Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to say hi and hug Chris again, but I got to talk to and hug Brent. He's hilarious! I mean, his set absolutely kills!



Okay, that's enough for now! Don't forget to go to my author page on HelloGiggles.com and read my posts over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers