Saturday, January 21, 2012

To Vegan or Not to Vegan...

Sometimes I really don't know what I should be writing about. My life lately has been repetitive. Everything in my life is either the amazing things my three daughters have been doing, or a variety of things related to our move to Los Angeles...including finding an apartment, plane tickets, moving companies, etc. etc. I'm not posting about that, unless I have a gripe or two. So far, no such gripes.

I could also gripe about the weather, seeing as how we were supposed to be in L.A. already by this time, but instead we're here, waiting for his job to transfer. And I can't complain too much, because hell, we're so lucky that he has a job to transfer to! Nevertheless, the snow is annoying. Chicago was hit with like, 8 inches of snow or something over the past 2 days, and it sucks all hell. It's really bad also because of the low temperatures. It was 8 degrees when I woke up the other morning!

But on to the positive, I've been trying to reverse a few of the problems I've been having by taking a new outlook on life and changing my lifestyle. Now keep in mind, by saying I'm changing the way I eat, I just mean that I'm finally giving up meat for good. But of course with me, it feels like it's not enough. I had given up chicken, beef, pork and turkey. Okay, I never was much of a beef eater, even less of a pork eater. I would eat a burger or steak maybe once every two months. Well, because of my stomach problems, I seriously had to rethink all I was doing. I once got an upset stomach from eating fruit! FRUIT! Yes, that sounds ridiculous. It was a mixture of the stress I was under and all of the bad foods I was eating! So I gave up the chicken nuggets, the crispy chicken sandwiches, the fish sticks, because just because it's not beef or pork, doesn't mean it's healthy! I got a gym membership, I even stopped eating fish (mainly because I realized I was allergic to it! You're not supposed to get tingly lips and a sore throat from eating fish?! Really? Lol).

So, instead of sitting around complaining, or, you know, starving, I just started eating vegetables, rice, pasta, fruits, and Boca and MorningStar products. I mean, I seriously love the Boca Vegan Burger! And then I downloaded a vegan cookbook to my Kindle! I don't know if I can go totally vegan, but I might try it for a week or two, just to see if I starve to death! Besides, seeing my old friend Jennifer Hudson accomplish what she did, losing 80 pounds and completely changing her life...I mean, if my girl can do it, I can do it. It's seriously weird seeing someone who I used to know (Dunbar high school choir, what! lol), up there, doing her thing, winning awards, being beloved by millions and just being an inspiration. I saw a Dateline interview with her today, and I just realized I still love that girl. We weren't best friends in high school, but we hung with some of the same people and she was always a sweetheart. So glad that she's accomplished so much and overcome so much. I bought her book for the Kindle too. I'm going to start reading it tonight!

Later Homies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers